What is about:blank?
The About:blank is nothing but just an empty page, that arrives in your browser when your browser has nothing to show or display. Most of the popular browsers having this element such as Google Chrome, Mozilla firebox, Apple safari, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and soon.
If your browser shows you a blank page there’s nothing to worry about because it’s not dangerous, it’s an underlying page in your browser. But very rarely it occurs, when your browser or device has any type of malware or virus. Other causes that lead you to blank pages popups are :-
- If you come in the connection of bad link.
- If your browser detects something wrong it will show you blank page.
- Sometimes, we can say blank pages are the symptom of malware.
- When your browser unable to interpret the web address.
- Poor internet network too.
How do you remove it?
About:blank is a part of your web browser and will always be there. We cannot remove it but we can hide it by doing certain steps , so that our eyes get rid of from those blank popups.
- In Google Chrome, go to the menu > Settings. Scroll down to the “On startup” option and select either “Open the New Tab page” or delete about:blank from the web pages.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click menu > Options > Home. And from here you can select your desirable homepage.
- In Apple Safari on a Mac, click Safari > Preferences > General. Remove “about:blank ”from your homepage and enter your desired home page.
- In Microsoft’s new Chromium-based Edge browser, click menu > Settings > On startup. Select “Open a new tab” from the list of open pages Or remove the about:blank.
- If you still using Internet Explorer, Go to the gear-shaped menu button and then select “Internet Options.” From the general pane home page box remove “about:blank” .And choose the whatever homepage you want to see.