The online video streaming service Apple TV + was announced at the Apple event. It will be rolled out worldwide from 1 November. In India, this OTT service can be accessed at the rate of Rs 99 per month. All original videos will be shown on this platform. Apple TV + will feature shows like “The Morning Show,” “Dickinson,” “See,” “For All Mankind” and “The Elephant Queen”. This service will be rolled out as a free trial for 7 days.
Due to the family sharing features of Apple TV +, users will be able to share it with 6 family members. From today, viewers will be able to watch the trailer of the original shows on Apple TV + series. Three shows will premiere on the Apple TV + app at the launch on November 1. A new episode will be rolled out every week. At the same time, full episodes of some original series will also be made available once. On Apple TV +, users will be able to enjoy shows in more than 40 languages. Apple TV + will be made available with closed captions for the disabled and deaf. At the same time, Apple TV + shows and movies will be available in 8 languages with audio description.
Apple TV +: Pricing and Availability
- Apple TV+ will be available on the Apple TV app for $4.99 (US) per month with a seven-day free trial starting November 1 on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (3rd generation), iPod touch and Mac. To subscribe to Apple TV+, customers must update to iOS 12.3 or later, tvOS 12.3 or later and macOS Catalina. The subscription will automatically renew at $4.99 per month at the end of the seven-day free trial.
- Apple TV+ will also be available on the Apple TV app on select 2018, 2019 and newer Samsung smart TVs, and on Amazon Fire TV, LG, Roku, Sony and VIZIO platforms in the future.
- Customers can also subscribe to and watch Apple TV+ at tv.apple.com in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
- Customers with AirPlay 2-enabled Samsung, LG and VIZIO smart TVs must update to iOS 12.3 or later or macOS Catalina to play or mirror Apple TV+ originals from the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac directly to their smart TVs. Customers with eligible Sony smart TVs will be able to enjoy AirPlay 2 support later this year.
- Customers who purchase any new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch starting September 10 can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free. Beginning November 1, customers can initiate the one-year free offer in the Apple TV app on the device running the latest software. Customers have three months after device activation to claim the offer, or if the device was purchased and activated before the launch of Apple TV+, they will have three months starting November 1. The subscription will automatically renew at $4.99 per month after one year. Customers can cancel at any time in Settings at least one day before each renewal date. Customers who cancel during the offer period will forfeit the remainder of their offer. This limited time offer applies to both new and refurbished models, including devices from the iPhone Upgrade Program, is not restricted to any specific sales channel (e.g., Apple Store, resellers) and will be available in all countries where Apple TV+ will launch. Up to six family members can share one Apple TV+ subscription and watch using their own Apple ID and password. Only one one-year offer is available per family, regardless of the number of devices purchased.