Whatsapp has 200 million people in India, which is about 20 million users. We sometimes face the problem of getting the memory of the phone due to the automatic downloading of photos and videos in Whatsapp. Many photos and video files are of a large size that automatically fills the space of the smartphone after downloading.
Most of the mid-and budget-ranging smartphones now come in inbuilt storage, but due to the application and other important files, the phone does not seem to be filling memory. In this case, you should keep your smartphone’s memory free of charge. Because of the cache files and junk files, the memory of the smartphone is also full. Steps to prevent photos and videos from voicemail auto-downloading on Android and IOS
Steps for Android smartphones
- If you are using WhatsApp on your Android device, then first you have to open the Whatsapp app.
- After you open the WhatsApp app, tap on the Settings menu by tapping on the three dots created above.
- After that, you have to go to chat settings and tap on the Media Auto download tab.
- There you will see three types of options. By going through the three options, you will have to disable auto download, in which you will have the option of disabling photos, video, and audio all three.
- After this you have to download a photo or video or audio file, you can go to the chat section and download the video, photo or audio file by tapping on the download.
Steps for iPhone users
- If you are an iPhone user, you will go to the settings menu and go to the settings menu.
- After this, you have to tap the data. After taping the data, you tap on storage usage.
- There you will see the Media Auto download option. After this you have to tap the Never option for photos, videos, and documents.
- Doing so will not automatically download all photos or videos coming to your Whatsapp. Your photos or videos will be downloaded only when you tap the download on them.