Taiwan’s chipmaker company MediaTek is gradually upgrading its chips to compete with Qualcomm in the mid-range segment. After the Helio P70, the company has now introduced the 12nm Helio P90 chip. This new chipset will come with the new Fusion AI engine. In addition, Google lenses have also been supported. It works 15 percent faster than its downgrade variant. We are giving you this information about what new users will get in this chip equipped smartphones.
MediaTek Helio P90: What’s New?
The company has claimed that the Helio P90 is 15 percent better than its downgrade variant. This chipset uses upgraded elements such as Fusion AI engine. If seen, mid-range phones are not fully capable of delivering better AI performance. In such a way, the Helio P90 Chip Qualcomm can give a tough competition to this segment. Fusion AI will work to enhance AI-based functions in the phone. Here we are giving you information about the top 8 features of the Helio P90 chipset.
- Fusion AI will work to enhance AI-based functions in the phone. In this case, Fusion AI architecture will help smartphones deliver better AI performance, including AI scene and object recognition.
- This chipset will improve photography in low light. This chipset will come with Intelligent Noise Reduction and Light Balancing Features. AI will help to improve the light of photos.
- Helio P90 is built with 12 nm fabrication process. This helps to give fast processing and better performance to the smartphone. This chipset supports Fast Face Unlock and better security features.
- MediaTek Helio P90 processor comes with better 8-core configuration and two clusters. In this, the Dual Cortex-A75 course, which has clock speed up to 2.2 GHz, includes 6 Cortex-A55 courses, whose clock speed is up to 2 GHz.
- Helio P90 comes with additional RAM storage. This processor provides up to 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM storage. In addition, this processor also offers the latest UFS 2.1 standard secure storage.
- The Helio P90 chipset supports 48-megapixel camera or 24 megapixel and 16-megapixel dual rear camera. Also, this chipset supports 480fps video too.
- It has been upgraded from chipset category 7 to category 12. Its downstream peak download speed has been increased to 600Mbps.
- Helio P90 does not support chipset 5G. Its internals duals are made for VoLTE 4G.
This chipset will be given in the mid-range category smartphones below Rs 25,000. This chipset comes with certain limitations of performance, imaging, and connectivity compared to other processors. This chipset will have a direct combat Snapdragon 670 and Snapdragon 710. The phones equipped with this chipset will be made available in the market in February 2019.